Saturday, February 25, 2012

Magical Mystery Mittens

I attended the Soundview Knitting Guild Holiday party last December. During the party there are several gift tables and peoples names are drawn and as you are selected you go up and pick an item. The best item was hands down (no pun intended) the first item picked,  A beautiful pair of handknit mittens. I was so intrigued with them that I took a picture. I then obsessed and tracked down the master knitter who had created them - this itself took many phone calls and emails. She was lovely but explained she had no pattern ( I am an ok knitter but no pattern? not going to happen.

I asked everyone I knew if they could create a pattern from the picture. As you can see it was a detailed pattern, so no easy feat. Finally after subtly begging the most talented knitwear designer I know, Jane Elliot
if she would try,,,, days later she shows me her test mittens, she sends me the pattern that she wrote, we pick out the colors that almost match the originals and the following week POOF here are my mittens

For those of you that are non knitters it is very hard to appreciate the amazing amount of work that went into making the pattern and knitting both the test mittens and my mittens and I am forever indebted to Jane for doing this and doing SUCH an amazing job.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment